Mohican Youth Academy is a residential treatment facility for delinquent and at-risk adolescent boys. We are not a daycare!
We are currently interviewing for the following jobs:
Juvenile Treatment Officer I/II
Our Juvenile Treatment Officers work alongside our Juvenile Counselors to ensure that our peeres are adequately supervised and follow MYA goals and standards. You will be responsible for serving as a positive role model for youth to emulate. You must have empathy, but also be able to carry out fair and balanced consequences according to our treatment guidelines and behavioral standards.
In many cases, you will function as a surrogate parent to youth, overseeing, assisting and maintaining the youth's individual and group daily routine. This routine consists of daily academic study, independant living training, chores and extracurricular recreation, such as softball, basketball, football, canoeing, cave exploring, community service and club activities, among others.
- You must be able to relate well to youth and truly enjoy working with them.
- You must be able to recognize the issues, challenges and social dynamics of teenage boys, working in a group setting. You will help them resolve issues, while respecting one another and the MYA staff.
- You must be at least 21 years of age.
- You must be able to pass a medical exam and drug screening.
- You must have a valid Ohio driver's license.
- No Experience: $12/Hour starting, with pay increases at 6 months and 12 months of service
- Experience: $12 to $14/Hour, depending on education and relevant job experience, with pay increases at 6 months and 12 months of service
- Medical insurance after 90-day probationary period (80/20)
- 12 days paid time off, accumulation per year, after initial 6 months
- 8 paid holidays after initial 6 months
- 1 paid day off for your birthday after 12 months
- 401K plan after 12 months
- Many paid recreational activities
- Free meals
- Opportunities for promotion to Juvenile Counselor after minimum 2 years service
- Knowing you are making a difference in a child's life
For more information, contact Rachel Penniman at email@example.com